Please carefully read the following terms and conditions before registering.
EVENT RULES & GUIDELINES
The following event rules and guidelines are intended to help produce and direct a large scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permits and to be compliant with applicable regulations for participant performance records and event liability.
All entry fees are non-refundable and Stilton Stumble officials retain the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
1. To register you must be 16 years of age or older on event day.
2. An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email.
3. Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event.
4. All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against the Stilton Stumble Committee and any party acting on its behalf must be completed by all entrants.
5. Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement. A sweeper bus will leave approximately 90 minutes after the start.
6. The event time requirement and age minimum apply to all forms of entry and event participation.
7. All participants must provide their full name and details of any health problems or medication upon entry.
8. All participants are required to complete the personal details on the rear of their number bib, for use in a medical emergency.
9. All runners agree to their personal and medical details being released by the medical team to the event organisers to inform next of kin and statutory authorities in the event of a medical emergency.
10. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise future Stilton Stumble events.
11. Participant race number bibs are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/sold to any other person. Sale and/or transfer of race entry bibs are strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
12. All entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred toward a future event.
13. Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity of 500.
1. Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers and medical personnel throughout the duration of the event.
2. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
3. Every participant shall be provided with an event bib number, which shall be conspicuously worn on the front during the event. The event bib number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate bib number.
4. Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, Nordic sticks, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted on the course.
5. The course will remain marshalled until the sweeper bus operates. If you are passed by the sweeper vehicle your status reverts back to that of a pedestrian if you decide to continue. We strongly advise you against continuing and we will ask you to join the sweeper bus. If you do continue we will be unable to guarantee that marshals and drinks stations will be in place. Before starting the race please give careful consideration to your ability to complete the course in the allotted time.
6. All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information can be stored, used and disclosed by the Stilton Stumble Committee in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information. We will not share your personal details for any other purpose.
1. Participants must begin the event at the official recognised starting time.
2. All participants must be positioned behind the starting line when starting.
1. Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of the event official or course marshal, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language to officials, volunteers, participants or spectators may be disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in the Stilton Stumble at the discretion of race officials.
2. Any participant who has been found by a course marshal or event official to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race (“cutting the course”) shall be immediately disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in the Stilton Stumble at the discretion of race officials.
3. Any person who participates in the event without a current official event bib number is subject to removal and disqualification from future events.
4. No persons are authorized to be on the course unless they are registered participants. Therefore, no person shall be allowed to accompany a participant if he/she is not registered in the event, nor shall any participant be allowed, without the permission of the event management, to receive assistance or refreshment from anyone during the progress of the event. Any person not properly displaying an authorized and issued bib number shall be directed to leave the course.
5. A hands-on medical examination during the progress of the event by officially designated medical personnel shall not be considered assistance and will not result in disqualification if the participant is deemed medically fit. If a participant becomes ill during or after the event and/or receives medical attention or treatment either from event medical staff, doctor or hospital, they must authorise such persons to provide details (including details of medical treatment) to the Stilton Stumble Committee.
6. Any participant who wishes to withdraw from the race whilst on the course must advise the nearest Marshall of their intention to withdraw, and must provide the Marshall with their name and bib number. Once a Marshall has been informed of a participants’ intention to withdraw from the race, re-entry into the race shall not be permitted, the status of the participant reverts back to that of a pedestrian with immediate effect, and the participant must leave the course immediately.
1. The use of wheeled devices by participants or any other person authorized to be on the course shall be strictly limited to authorized course marshals on bicycles. Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted.
2. MP3 players or other devices plugged into the ear are banned whilst running for reasons of health & safety, both yours and other competitors. When you wear such a device you are unable to hear other competitors, cars, bicycles or marshals instructions.
3. Participants are responsible for their recognition and understanding of event signage, symbols and colour relating to participant maps, facilities and direction.
4. Medical personnel authorized by the event to do so, may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorized medical personnel it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, medical personnel may remove the participant from the event.
5. Participants must retire at once from race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
6. Participants are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the event, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
7. Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with Emergency Protocol on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances.
8. Participants are responsible and assume liability for their personal items including but not limited to running clothing and footwear; to be suitable for the race conditions, and to ensure they are in good condition and correctly worn.
1. Clock time of your bib tag (and not gun time) is the official time for the winner’s prizes. The official times shall be recorded from the start sensor to the sensor where the participant crosses the finish line.
2. Participant net times greater than the event time requirement (2 hours for the 10k race) will not be recognized as official.
3. Participants must begin the event during the official recognized starting time in order to register an official course completion time.
AMENDMENTS / RESERVATIONS / ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
1. Event officials reserve the right to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
2. Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event.
3. Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize and removal from official results.
4. The Stilton Stumble follows, and participants are subject to, the guidelines specified in the Run Britain/United Kingdom Athletics (UKA) Road Race Medical Services Good Practice Guide.
In order to run in the Stilton Stumble, runners must agree to the following disclaimer and to the Terms & Conditions:
“I declare that I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by the rules and terms and conditions of the Stilton Stumble Committee, as determined by guidance from the Run Britain/United Kingdom Athletics (UKA) Road Race Medical Services Good Practice Guide. I declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals and volunteers will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event. I also hereby give my permission to The Stilton Stumble Committee to use my name, quotes, video and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes. I also understand that entry fees are non refundable.”